Saturday, 17 April 2010

Kids moving away....

These past few months have seen our daughter move two provinces away, and our son move out to live with friends while he attends university.
I know that a lot of people speak about empty nesters...I guess that's us. Mostly, it's not so bad. I miss talking to them, and I miss seeing them. It is also nice to have some freedom. Don't get me wrong, I love them and would have them back anytime, it's just that I also enjoy the quiet and the space.
Maybe it's not as tough as it could have been because of who they are. They have really grown to be great people.
I don't get to talk to them every day. But, they're figuring out their lives in wonderful ways. I also like those times when we do get to talk and they are genuinely interested in our lives. It's like we've graduated into a new life, too...and that they see us as people with lives separate from their own.
Here's to my kids!

1 comment: