Monday, 31 May 2010

Sorbet

I need some summer warmth for this treat, but maybe if I write about it, the weather will cooperate?
Raspberry Sorbet
Heat 1/4 cup water, 3/4 cup sugar and 1c grape juice
stir until sugar disolves
add 1lb frozen raspberries
add 2 tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt
pour mixture into a shallow dish and cool
freeze for 6 hours
break into chunks
put into a food processor and puree until smooth
freeze until ready to serve
You can dress it up with a sprig of mint, and a few fresh raspberries. You can also change up the fruit and the juice.
Try bartlet pears and red wine, or strawberries
I like sorbet because it doesn't have milk in it. It probably has too much sugar, but the real fruit helps to balance that out!
I don't have my own picture for this blog, yet, but will put one in as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment