Thursday, 10 June 2010

Flower Arranging

We had a shower for my cousin, this week.
I made a flower arrangement that is easy, but I think it turned out pretty well. I often make it with carnations at Christmas.
I use a shallow bowl that is about 15 inches diameter at its widest and about six inches deep. Its opening is about twelve inches in diameter.
At Christmas I fill it with frozen cranberries and then top it off with water. From there I add carnations. I prefer mini white carnations, cut short enough so that the flowers just show and almost overflow the opening of the bowl.
For the shower I filled the bowl with blue and green translucent stones. (it's about 4lbs) I added the water and filled the bowl with two dozen white roses. It turned out to be a really nice centre piece. It's nothing extravagant, but it comes out looking really nice, and it's so easy.
One of the things I like about using the carnations at Christmas is that they last for about three weeks. I am hoping the roses will still look good on Saturday. If not, we'll just have to replace them.
My sister will do the flower arranging for my cousin's bouquet and the other flowers for her wedding. My grandma arranged my flowers. But, I can do a few little bouquets!
These arrangements are kind of fun.
I guess I'll have to try daisies pretty soon!
The best part is that this arrangement, simple or not, is from the heart for a special week and a very special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment