John Izzo talked about organizations being more cost effective when they are willing to embrace spirit: the spirit of respect, of compassion, and of dignity. That these things sustain an organization, build collaboration and are even more important when things are tough.
He challenged us to ask each day:
- Did you play today?
- Did you do something with someone else today?
- Did you learn something today?
- Did you do something for yourself today?
- Were you mindful of what drained you?
- Were you mindful of what energized you?
- Were you a drainer of others' energy?
- Were you an energizer around other people?
By the way, walking down a path like this, is pretty good for stress busting, too!