Thursday, 1 July 2010

Cabs in New York

Getting around in the various cities I've visited have usually involved catching the metro, the subway, the train, or a bus. I've rarely caught a cab even in my own city. It's not that I don't think they are a good form of transportation, it's just that they're not my first choice. I've often found them to be dirty, somewhat smelly, and uncomfortable. They can also be expensive. I've also heard travel stories from others stating that they've been taken advantage of.

No one wants to be a naive tourist. We want to appear worldly and knowledgeable. We certainly don’t want to be taken advantage of, but if we don’t have the experience or insight, we don’t know what to say.

All of our cab experiences in New York were very good. My sisters drive to the hotel from the airport was very unusual, but good. Their cab had a flat tire so there was a detour to the garage. My youngest sister, R, who rivals anyone for cleanest house in town claimed that you could eat off of the floor it was so spotless. My middle sister, P, loves to garden so she liked the plants. They took lots of pictures. This is the taxi company's garage the cabbie took them to so he could have his tire fixed.

The trip took them a bit out of the way and had mom and I wondering if they’d gotten lost, but it didn’t add to their cab fare and it made for an interesting welcome to New York City.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative article and I felt wonder to know that these are the pictures of a taxi company garage which is decorated with plants looking like a garden, thanks a lot for the post..!
    Regards, cabs in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete