Sunday, 18 July 2010

More Bathrooms in New York

One of the best restaurant bathrooms we saw in New York city was at Bouley's restaurant. The bathroom was large and impressive.

Ok, so what's the big deal you might ask. Well, I guess we'd expected that visiting a metropolitan city like New York would mean the bathrooms would be just as nice or even better than in a small city such as the one I live in.

However, most restaurant and theatre washrooms we visited had only one stall, or sometimes only a unisex washroom for a whole restaurant of people, when we are used to multi-stall washrooms. Often they weren't very clean, sometimes they needed soap, toilet paper, or paper towel.

Well, there we were at Bouley's on a Sunday night. We were already amazed by the decor, which I have written about in an earlier post. Inevitably when you are enjoying an amazing feast at Bouley's you are going to need to use the "ladies' room." I seem to always be the first to need a visit when I am with my family. Ever since we'd been to DaMarino's I'd always leave saying I'd let them know if the bathroom was camera worthy.

When I came back, there were some looks of anticipation...and I laughed. "YEP," I said, "camera worthy." Then there was the process of getting a photo. It's a pretty classy restaurant. We didn't feel comfortable just walking in and taking a picture, especially if people were in there. It had to be done at just the right time. One time my middle sister, P, went to take photos and Phylicia Rashad came in right after her. Needless to say, she didn't want to take a picture then.

However, we were there long enough that our persistance paid off. The pictures don't do it justice. But, it is clean, it is welcoming, it may not belong in a home, but it is a nice restaurant washroom that is comfortable, unique, lavish, and large. One more space at Bouley's that was given the Bouley care and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment