Tuesday, 20 July 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger

Last summer I read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger since I the movie was coming out soon and I like to read the book first.

If you haven't noticed from my very few posts, I'm a sucker for time travel/science fiction and fantasy. Although the book jumps in and out of past, present, and future, and you sometimes have to take a minute to check where you are, it is a fun and interesting read.
The Time Traveler's Wife is a story about a man (Henry) who has a genetic disorder that causes him to involuntarily travel through time into the past and forward to the future. His wife Claire, is left behind to worry about his travels not knowing where he has gone, how long he will be gone, and what danger he may be facing.

I really liked this book, but I know it isn't for everyone. Some people will just want to watch the movie. The movie is pretty good, too. I liked it, I just liked the book better.

No comments:

Post a Comment