Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Accidents Happen


Well, it happened.

I lost my car bumper in an accident a week or so ago. That moment is one I'd love to have back. I spent the rest of the day, and frankly some time this past week thinking "'What if?" In spite of the fact that the moment has passed, the deed done, it is amazing how much more time one can spend wishing for that moment to come again, to be able to relive it and have an entirely different outcome.

Now my car sits in an autobody repair shop two provinces away. I'm waiting to hear how much the repairs will be, how long it will take, etc.  

Perspective is a funny thing. In the scheme of things, the accident is definitely a crappy event. It wasn't a good thing. However, if I persist in that what if scenario, and in wondering what if it never happened, I also need to look at the flip side. What if someone had been hurt? That what if would have been far worse.

I do have difficulty reminding myself to look at that bright side. I need to, however. I can't change the past and I do have something to be very, very grateful for.

(Besides no one being hurt, I could also be the driver of one of these vehicles...)

No comments:

Post a Comment