Monday, 13 September 2010

Destress

"Stress has a bigger impact on your health than you might realize, according to research presented yesterday at the annual conference of the American Psychological Association in Boston." Scientific American

Stress affects our immune system, increases your risk for allergies and length of healing time. Stress affects our brain function and memory.

I don't know anyone who doesn't have stress. The key is learning how to manage it.

There's a fun site, called Zenhabits. I like their post: 8 Unconventional Ways to De-stress and Release Tension. With suggestions like procrastinate and finger paint, there are some fun ideas. Just reading the post gives you a fun way to destress.

I've had a lot of stress in my life and I really recognize the need to take care of myself in a way that makes things manageable.


My favourite destressors are:
  1. A hot bath
  2. Napping in the sun
  3. Walking the dog
  4. Cooking
  5. Reading
  6. Time alone
I think I need to keep finding good destressors. Maybe I should take up fingerpainting?


It's probably better than this destress 'kit' I found...

No comments:

Post a Comment