Friday, 15 October 2010

Pajama Day


Did you ever stay in your pajamas all day?

I am in need of a pajama day. I've had a crazy week and the thought of lounging around in comfy my comfy pjs and reading a good book or watching a movie is something I've looked forward to all week.

I thought I'd see if anyone else has ever posted about wearing pajamas all day. This is what I found:

On 1000 Awsome Things  #554 is Staying in your pajamas all day. This site always has great things and staying in your pajamas all day is truly awesome!

There are lots of sites with discussion about why stay at home moms shouldn't wear their pajamas all day. But, for me, that's a debate for another day. I'm not interested in wearing my pajamas all day, every day...just sometimes on weekends especially after long weeks. It's best in the dead of winter, but I'll take a fall day like tomorrow.

Some schools have pajama days. I remember my kids enjoying those days when they could wear their sleepwear to school. There's something so cozy and comfy about lounge wear.

Since I am having this great dream about wearing my pajamas all day, tomorrow and writing this post, I thought I'd find out some more things about pajamas.

On Wilkepedia they have some info about pajamas:

"Pajamas, also spelled pyjamas can refer to several related types of clothing. The original paijama are loose, lightweight trousers fitted with drawstring waistbands and worn in South and West Asia by both sexes. In many English-speaking nations, pajamas are loose-fitting, two-piece garments derived from the original garment and worn chiefly for sleeping, but sometimes also for lounging, also by both sexes. More generally, pajamas may refer to several garments, for both daywear and nightwear, derived from traditional pajamas and involving variations of style and material.

The word "pyjama" is a variant of "pajama" which was incorporated into the English language during British Raj from Hindustani (the progenitor language of modern-day Urdu and Hindi). This word originally derives from the Persian word Peyjama meaning "foot garment"."
I'm not prepared to be Hugh Hefner or someone else who wears pajamas every day all day.

BUT...Tomorrow is pajama day for me!

1 comment:

  1. No pajama day for me tomorrow. Too much to do!!

    ReplyDelete