Sunday, 7 November 2010

Yorkton, Saskatchewan

Every few months I travel to Yorkton, Saskatchewan to facilitate a leadership course at Parkland College, on behalf of the University of Regina. 

Yorkton is a nice sized city, that seems to be continually growing.

My favourite place to stay is at Patrick Place. It's a beautiful heritage home that has been converted into a bed and breakfast. It's second and third floors have a few different bedrooms to choose from. There's Sadie's room on the second floor, where I often stay, William's room that runs the length of the house and the large Sleeping Porch that features a jacuzzi tub. Upstairs is the Garret, a suite of three rooms: the Study, the Servant's room and a bathroom.

I'm in the Study this visit. The Study is a large room with hardwood floors, a comfy bed and beautiful furniture.

Margaret, Lawrence and their daughter always provide a warm welcome and unbelievably good breakfasts! The rooms are spotless and fresh, and nothing beats feeling like you are at home when you are travelling.

The first time I travelled to Yorkton to facilitate the leadership course, one of the participants, Rhonda, was the owner of a local spa. Luna Experience has also become my favourite place to visit when I am in Yorkton.
Luna Experience has a great relaxation room and nice treatment rooms.
Rhonda never fails to provide me with a great massage or facial, or both! I call ahead to make sure that I can get an appointment for the end of my first facilitating day. By the end of my massage the stiff neck from driving has disappeared and she sends me back to the Bed and Breakfast for a great night's sleep to prepare me for the second day of facilitating and my drive home.

This weekend I have arrived on my birthday. I've reworked the program that I facilitate so I'm really excited about tomorrow. Tonight I will soak in the huge tub. Tomorrow I have a special treat of both a massage AND a facial!



I also happen to know that breakfast, tomorrow is a crepe with a mushroom, onion and ham mixture. It is delicious!!!


The pictures on this post are from Patrick Place and Luna Experience's websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment