Saturday, 11 December 2010

Traditions

Most families have traditions, whether they are created around the holidays, birthdays, or other special events. In some ways I am not actually all that big on traditions...at least that is what I've always thought.

Now that my own children are in their 20s, I think I am singing a different tune. There is one "tradition"....having the kids home for Christmas....that I can't imagine missing.
Last Christmas, for instance, we had our first ever holdiday where we had to share our daughter with her boyfriend's family....and it seemed like they had her with them A LOT. (Although I could be biased.)

What I really want is to have my kids nearby, for at least some of the holiday. AND, that I want those who are important in their lives to join in our festivities just as much as I want my own kids to be around.

I don't seem to have a problem letting them go the other 364 days of the year...

Maybe it's because I've only had one Christmas without my own parents? Yep, I'm a big baby; unapologetically so!

(Pictures are Thomas Kinkade paintings)

No comments:

Post a Comment