Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Protein Snacks

A few days ago a friend was telling me about protein balls that she makes. I never seem to eat enough protein, or fiber in the day, so I thought I'd try a version of my own.

I don't know the calorie count, but they're just snacks not full meals.

Protein Snacks
1 cup almond butter
1 cup cashew butter
1 cup peanut butter (organic, unsweetened)
1 cup sesame seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup pine nuts
1 cup hemp seeds
1 cup nutella
(add more sesame and pumpkin seeds and almonds if desired)
(optional, more hemp seeds to coat balls)
Mix all ingredients together. Chill for one hour or more. Scoop out small balls (1 inch diamater) and roll in hemp seeds. Refrigerate and use them for that mid afternoon snack/energy boost.

I'm enjoying them, almost too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment