Thursday, 10 February 2011

Martha Cole and Art


http://www.marthacole.ca/
 Martha Cole is a Saskatchewan artist. Martha's art is vibrant, very conneted to nature and the prairies, and beautiful. Check out her website to see many beautiful pieces of just some of her artwork.
Over the years, I've had the good fortune to attend three different art classes that she's taught.

The first class, a number of years ago, was learning to paint fabric. From there I attended a sewing class and learned how to 'draw' with my sewing machine. I'm not what most would consider to be an artist, but I was able to learn a great deal.
 
The above picture is of a large piece I made, using my painted fabric, quilting it to resemble a flower and added beads and metalic thread in the middle.

Here are a few pictures I 'drew.' Some have the addition of coloured pencil.








I haven't 'drawn' with my sewing machine as much as I'd like, over the last few years, but I have to say it is a lot of fun.
Most recently I've taken a class from Martha in the art of the Painted Book. I'm going to post some of those pictures in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment