Saturday, 12 March 2011

Teen Love?

I know that I'm not the only one who discovered him at 12 years of age. I am likely not the only girl who fell in love with him and believed for a few short months that she would marry him.

I know that I first realized I wouldn't marry him because of our age and geographical differences...

Of course, there are many who will also point out the issue of sexual preference, but by the time I learned that my fantasy marriage was already a thing of the past.

What has never disappeared is my great love for his music.

As an adult I learned of people who had seen him in concert and I wished I could be so lucky....but what was the likelihood that he would ever visit our prairie city?

Lucky for me, some fantasies do become realities. I saw him in Saskatoon a few years ago, and then in Regina more recently. AND...I will see him again in May.

While I will know with my adult mind that he is singing to the entire audience, for a few short hours he will be performing only for me. Ever the consumate performer, it will be a show to remember.

Looking forward to Elton John!

No comments:

Post a Comment