Thursday, 5 May 2011

Fossils and Rocks

I am no geologist and certainly not any type of scientist, but I love rocks. I like the semi precious ones like rose quartz and amethysts, lapis lazul and lepidolite. Many people believe that there are meanings and healing powers in these stones, as well.

I don't know if this is true, but I do know that they are nature in its purest form. They are formed over billions of years, through a variety of ages. They hold history and for me that is their power.
My husband works a lot with granite. This past Christmas my husband took a piece of broken off granite from a countertop. He cut and polished it and mounted it on a piece of marble. The granite holds history and stories that I can only imagine. It is my newest treasure.







No comments:

Post a Comment