Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Hard Cover, Leather Journal

My first attempts at leather hard covered books are ok. It is an interesting process. Along with having difficulty finding leather that I could use, I needed to learn a lot of new techniques. I used a couple of YouTube videos to help me, but I'd defiinitely call these practice books.

I also made boxes for each of the books. I definietly like the pink box better... but like the green leather spined book best.

 The pink book is a tab book. The green spined book has a rounded spine. I like the look of its spine better, but I still need practice.

The pink box has leather wrapped around the edges. I love the paper I found and I may need to get some more since it would be a great cover on a book.
     

The stitching at the top is called a headband

















No comments:

Post a Comment