Wednesday, 24 August 2011

What Did You Do This Summer?

Every fall the kids go back to school and inevitably there is some teacher who gives them a writing assignment titled "What I Did This Summer"

As a former teacher, I've got to tell you that those assignments are the worst to read, too! No matter how fun the summer was, a list of events just isn't all that exciting.

So, what am I going to do? Write about my summer. :)

It's been a great summer of terrific weather, but I've actually spent very little time enjoying it.

What have I been doing?

I've just spent the busiest summer of my life working 10 and 12 hour days...working on the most significant project ever with an unbelievably tight deadline. The funny thing is, even though it was a lot of work and not much time in the sun, I don't begrudge it.

A few years ago I may not have felt this way, and I certainly wouldn't want to spend every summer this way. But, with no kids at home and some challenging work, it really has been a great summer.

Now that I'm done, I do need a break and some sun!

I also need to get blogging!

Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment