Sunday, 20 November 2011

Owl Books and Boxes

Our recent book show got me inspired to try a few fun things.

My first new project has been owl inspired. I have a daughter who loves owls, and so I decided to make some books for her.

There are three mini books in the series. One of the books in the series has facts about owls. Another has facts about the owls of Harry Potter and the last one has literary quotes related to owls.

Each page of the book is 3 x 3" then folded into a pattern that allows the book to be only 1.5 x 1.5" All three small books fit into an owl box. the box is a 2 x 2" cube with an owl head topper.

These were fun. The owl box was a bit of a challenge. I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for an owl box pattern. There were a few, but none the size I needed, so I did some adapting and while it took longer than I'd expected, I think they're pretty cute.

1 comment: